World Cup 2018
Shortlist in the Creation category in 2018
As part of the 2018 World Cup, McDonald’s Switzerland wanted to communicate its sponsorship status in a fun and offbeat way through a digital advertising campaign on social networks throughout Switzerland.
Vojood designed and produced various national advertising campaigns in images and videos for the client, which were distributed via its social networks Facebook and Instagram:
- 32 original visuals of national soccer teams, playing on the consonance of the words of McDonald’s Switzerland products and the characteristics and symbols of the countries.
- Engagement campaigns by voting for your team at each match from the group phase to the final phase.
- “Who will win the cup?” video campaign, with an offbeat gimmick that appeals not only to those who are interested but also to those who are not interested in soccer.
- Video campaign in live mode announcing the match days of the Swiss national team and taking place in 2 phases: a) Before the game and b) After the game.
- Contest campaign to win McDonald’s gift cards.
- Advertising concepts creation
- Visual and video content creation and production
- Campaign strategy and implementation on Facebook and Instagram
- Live campaigns to respond to live events
32 teams and wordplays
Vojood designed 32 original visuals of national soccer teams, playing on the consonance of the words of McDonald’s Switzerland products and the characteristics and symbols of the countries.
Users were invited to vote for their favorite “figure”/team with the various “Like” buttons on Facebook and Instagram posts.
Who is going to win?
The advertisement’s CTA (call-to-action) invited targets to download the client’s mobile application or redirect them to specific pages on the McDonald’s Switzerland website.
The Swiss games
Live campaigns in 2 phases: a) Before the game and b) After the game.
Depending on the live result of the Swiss team game (win, draw or loss), an advertising video was broadcast with a specific message related to this result.
The advertisement’s CTA (call-to-action) invited the targets to download the client’s mobile application or redirect them to the specific pages of the McDonald’s Switzerland website.